Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WOMEN OF WEDNESDAY

Helen Mirren (English, B. 1945), 1970.


 Roman Holiday (1953). Audrey Hepburn.

 Mia Farrow (American, B. 1945)


 Lee Miller, 1928. Photo by George Hoyningen-Huene

 Brigitte Bardot 


 Pulp Fiction (1994). Uma Thurman


Coming off a weekend of 5 performances and hosting two consecutive parties, I woke up yesterday with a terrible migraine. The good news is that our show was well received by our Spanish-speaking audiences and my performance was met with great reviews. It's wonderful to feel the hard work paying off, but now we're back at square one with the English-language version. Although English is my first and primary language, even I am a bit worried. We're tired and overworked and the translation is clunky, but I'm confident that we will pull ourselves together somehow. Although our rehearsal schedule has been tedious at best, I'm happy to have met such a talented, eclectic, smart group of people with whom I am continually entertained. The week promises to be more of the same: daily rehearsals and long hours at work. Friday morning I'm shooting some new head-shots and Friday night we open in English! If you're in LA, come out and see us. Get all the info HERE.

photos via: HC

No comments:

Post a Comment