Friday, September 23, 2011

HAPPY WEEKEND

Greta Garbo & Lion via HC

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis"
-Margaret Bonna


Last night I was interviewed by the lovely people at Channel 34 for a news segment on Dreams Factory/Fabrica de SueƱos. Although the event caught me off guard (I was still in my workout clothes) and my conversational Spanish was a little rusty, it was a terrific opportunity to further spread the word about our production. They also filmed a few scenes, which aired on last night's 11:00pm news.

Tonight the show opens with its new cast. Julio Villegas has pushed forward with valiant effort, but there's no denying we miss the original actor. Although the news from Argentina is not all bad, we are concerned for him and his family. On a personal level, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him home, but I know he's in exactly the right place. For him, and for me, and for the rest of the cast, life has thrown another curve ball. Experience has taught me to expect nothing less.

Experience has also taught me that the best and most effective remedy for grief is keeping busy. I plan on doing exactly that. I have some photo-shoots to finalize, friends to see, a director to meet, four performances to kill, and a short film to finish writing (I'm very excited about this new short film, I hope to start production this fall, so I'll keep you posted). Enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment