Monday, August 15, 2011

WELCOME TO THE WORKING WEEK





The weekend was highly productive; an audition and total of 12 hours rehearsing. I went shopping with the excuse of "finding a costume" and discovered an enormous sale at a favorite shop. A good friend moved into a new apartment not far from my own and I'm thrilled. Whatever makes life more convienient is a welcome change. These days any social activity feels like a gift. A good friend is coming to visit from New York this week and I hope I squeeze as much time out of my schedule as possible. Maximing time is a skill I hadn't valued or fully understood until now and I imagine the trials will only get more difficult. But the feeling of being busy is a good one - as long as I fill my days with productivity, the only direction to move is forward. 

I finished the opening chapter of my manuscript (I've been writing everything out of order) and it's very exciting. The only person I've read it to burst into tears, which I interpret as a good sign. It's going to take effort not to post about it, but I'm trying to keep it under wraps and finish the entire book by December! Enjoy your working week, or whatever it is that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment