Friday, August 12, 2011

HAPPY WEEKEND

Vera Zoria in The Goldwyn Follies (1938)

"These violet delights have violent ends
And in thier triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet

I can hardly believe it's already mid-August. My first full summer out of school has flown by - maybe because I've been grinding away at routine, which always seems to thrust you forward without realizing. But these days I don't find my routine mind-numbing in the slightest. No matter how many hours I put in, or how redundant it feels to make the trek to Hollywood, or learn sides for an audition, or perform the same play day after day, I'm happy to be moving forward. I'm happy to be making steps towards my dream, however small - it feels good to do it for myself. This weekend I'll have more of the same; audition Saturday before rehearsal, then rehearsal all day Sunday. At least I'll have time Saturday morning to have breakfast with a friend and maybe, if I'm lucky, do a little window shopping. Happy weekend!

p.s. Vera Zorina was ALSO a ballet dancer. The list goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment