Monday, November 21, 2011

WELCOME TO THE WORKING WEEK









The weekend passed too quickly, as it always seems to. Friday, the American Cinemateque had a series of silent shorts: Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, the Little Rascals, and the like. The films were scored by live piano music, which made the evening feel like a real event. Saturday was filled with auditions - more than I've ever booked in a single day. And although I only made it to a few, it feels great to have the opportunities. Sunday morning was rainy and overcast, but my boyfriend and I braved the LA weather and went Thanksgiving shopping at the open-air farmers market. We then rewarded ourselves with a lazy, long brunch. We later went to a screening of J. Edgar at the Directors Guild of America. The theater at the DGA is truly incredible - it shows how quality changes the experience of watching a film. This week I have multiple friends coming in to town for the holiday. I hope I can find the time to share with all of them. I'm looking forward to a couple days off work, but the week is undoubtedly bittersweet. Although it will be full of high-caloric treats, I have to say goodbye to my love when he leaves for his job in New York on Thursday. Welcome to the working week.

photos via: Hoodoo

No comments:

Post a Comment