Friday, November 18, 2011

HAPPY WEEKEND

Photo: Edouard Boubat, 1947

"We should meet in another life, we should meet in air, me and you"
-Sylvia Plath

The working days dragged their feet this week, but the nights were well worth the wait. A definite highlight was making dinner and carving pumpkins (yes...a month late, but whatever) with a first-time carver. Sometimes those simple activities are most memorable. I was called in at the very last minute for two shoots this week, neither of which followed-through: either because it wasn't in my best interest, or because the notice was late. Still, it's frustrating to book work in such a frenzied fashion - I figure my time is best spent on projects with more thought and preparation. There will be others, I'm sure. Tomorrow alone I have booked 5 auditions. Although I won't be able to make all of them, it feels good to get the call back.  Even though work bleeds into my weekend, there's a silent film short series, art to see, and Sunday brunch on the beach. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment