Monday, January 9, 2012

WELCOME TO THE WORKING WEEK








The weekend resulted in something surprisingly optimistic. In addition to booking a film, I met with a new team of people who - with me - want to write and shoot a short. The goal we've discussed is April, which gives us plenty of time for pre-production, but being asked to start something from the ground floor is both flattering and exciting! Additionally, some nanny work turned up (I watched 4 kids under 5 - and learned never to have 4 kids in 5 years) and a family friend called me to write recommendation letters for her elementary school students applying to middle schools. The reason this was so optimisitc is not because I want to be babysitting or writing recommendation letters, but it shows the prospect of freelance work coupled with other, more interesting projects. Hopefully the rest of the year will follow in this pattern - at least until the more interesting work pays. Today it's back to the grindstone, but I'll be shooting a short film and looking forward to a second meeting with the director and producer of the start-up short this weekend. Welcome to the working week!

No comments:

Post a Comment