Friday, April 29, 2011

MODERN FAIRY TALE


Growing up, my grandmother would coax me into good manners by saying; "you'll never get to Buckingham Palace that way." This became a commonly used expression in my family, but I think my grandmother said it with a shred of hope that I, somehow, would make it to Buckingham Palace and into William's arms. Her hopes were shattered this morning when William married Kate Middleton. The wedding was nothing short of a fairytale, complete with lace, hand-stitched red military suits, long trains, Rolls Royce, the Queen's tiara, and many, many outrageous hats. Kate looked blushing and beautiful in her Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton dress. Her borrowed tiara and 8ft train gave the simple silhouette some high drama, suitable for the occasion.  Most importantly, the couple could not have looked happier - after 8 years of on-and-off, they'll finally get their "happily ever after."











No comments:

Post a Comment